What makes St. Claire’s Organics products healthier than the rest?
All St. Claire’s Organics products are certified organic, which means all of the ingredients are grown without the use of pesticides or chemical fertilizers, and are not irradiated. It also means there are no genetically-modified organisms (GMOs). St. Claire’s products are 100% vegetarian, and virtually allergen free—no casein, soy, dairy, gluten, wheat, eggs, fish or shellfish, corn, tree nuts or peanuts. St. Claire’s products are sweetened with molasses granules, flavored with essential oils and herbal extracts, and colored with fruits, vegetables and herbs. Our products are also produced in a dedicated allergen-free facility.
How do you create such vibrant flavors and colors naturally?
All St. Claire’s flavors are made from pure essential oils and herbal extracts sourced from actual plants. For example, the Peppermint flavor comes from pure, organic Peppermint essential oil. The Lemon flavor comes from pure, organic Lemon essential oil. The colors are also made from plants—St. Claire’s Organics never uses colors from lakes or dyes. Here are a few examples of how St. Claire’s products are colored:
• Watermelon and Raspberry Tarts contain colors made from red cabbage and black carrots
• Sour Lemon, Tangerine and Sweet Peach Tarts use turmeric root extract for color
• Key Lime Tarts get their green hue from certified organic spinach
What is an Aromatherapy Pastille?
St. Claire’s Aromatherapy Pastilles® are designed as a “functional food.” The Tummy Soothers and Throat Soothers do just what their names indicate—many of the herbs and essential oils contained in these products are traditionally known to aid in digestion or soothe sore throats.
Are your products sugar-free?
It is important to understand the difference between “sugar”, which is a specifically processed product, and “sugars”, which are present in many fruits, dairy products and other foods. St. Claire’s products are made without refined sugar—instead, they contain certified organic molasses granules, which have more complex carbohydrates that digest differently than refined sugar. This means it won’t hit your bloodstream as fast and cause a sugar rush/crash typical of refined sugars. Our molasses has not gone through the centrifuge, crystallization and chemical refinement of processed sugar. In fact, if you eat only one of our peppermints, it could actually classify as sugar-free, because the molasses has not been processed into refined sugar.
Are your products safe for diabetics?
Although many diabetics use St. Claire’s products, ultimately a doctor must be consulted for specific health issues and dietary concerns.
What is the difference between St. Claire’s tins and the pouches?
St. Claire’s products in tins contain 46 pieces of roughly 0.925 grams each, while the pouches contain small round balls that are 0.790 grams each.
What is considered the serving size for each product?
Product serving sizes are as follows:
• Mints, Herbal Sweets and Tarts in tins = 1 piece
• Fruit Tarts with Vitamin C in pouches = 2 pieces
• Throat Soothers = 1 piece
• Tummy Soothers = 1 piece
How many calories do your products contain per serving?
Product calorie counts per serving are as follows:
• Mints, Herbal Sweets and Tarts in tins: 1 piece = 3 calories
• Fruit Tarts with Vitamin C in pouches: 2 pieces = 3 calories
• Throat Soothers: 1 piece = 3 calories
• Tummy Soothers: 1 piece = 3 calories
How many carbohydrates do your products contain per serving?
Product carbohydrate counts per serving are as follows:
• Mints, Herbal Sweets and Tarts in tins: 0.75 grams per serving (1 piece)
• Fruit Tarts with Vitamin C in pouches: 1.6 grams per serving (2 pieces)
• Throat Soothers: 0.75 grams per serving (1 piece)
• Tummy Soothers: 0.75 grams per serving (1 piece)